Tackle heavy-duty construction, automotive, agricultural, or industrial projects with the hard-hitting power of this Estwing soft face sledge hammer. Designed and built for heavy-duty use, this hammer features a 4 lb. forged alloy steel head that is case hardened and then tempered to reduce it's striking end hardness to within 30-35 HRC. The resulting softer head helps it mushroom when striking harder materials and thus prevent damage to struck objects making it ideal for projects where a regular sledge hammer would seriously damage or break the struck work piece. This head is mounted to a 16-inch long, fiberglass handle that is double injected for increased strength and durability. A textured rubber overlay on the handle provides a comfortable, ergonomic, and secure grip in both grip positions while also helping to dampen vibrations. Below the striking head the handle and rubber overlay are thicker to provide increased overstrike protection to prevent damage from missed hits.
- 16-INCH HANDLE - 16-inch long ergonomic handle provides excellent arc swing for maximum impact
- FORGED HEAD - 4-pound hammer head is forged from alloy steel, induction case hardened and then tempered to reduce hardness to 30-35 HRC
- FIBERGLASS HANDLE - Dual-injection handle is infused with over 70% fiberglass for unmatched strength & durability
- TEXTURED GRIP - Two-handed grip position and textured rubber overlay ensures a comfortable and secure grip
- OVERSTRIKE PROTECTION - Thicker handle and rubber overlay below striking head provides increased overstrike protection
- DAMPENS VIBRATIONS - Rubber handle overlay helps dampen vibrations during use
- VERSATILE - Heavy-hitting tool is ideal for heavy-duty construction, automotive, agricultural, railroad, and industrial use